Sunday, August 13, 2006

Seven times?

I heard someone once say that you need to try something 7 times to figure out if you really like it. She gave the example of snowboarding, how it's tough at first but after 7x you'd know.

Crikey.

There is NO WAY I'm going to do some things more than once or twice (because at twice you're like, yep, I KNEW I wouldn't like it again. For instance, I'm not going to go out with Mr. Rude guy 7x, eat chicken feet 7x, try some torturous sexual position 7x (some things you don't even have to try once to know you won't like it) or even watch a bad TV show 7x (i.e. The Jerry Springer show: was as fascinating as blood and guts for the first 2 and then got tiresome).

Those were just a few examples off the top of my head. There were enough examples right there to prove that her theory is total bunk. Yep... a definite case of 'premature generalization'.


No comments: