Tuesday, August 08, 2006

People watching


What's with those shoes? Hot damn! Can you buy them that bright or do you need to install some sort of lighting system? They made me chuckle with joy.

As you may know, people-watching is one of my fave sports. It's fascinating and entertaining all at the same time. I admit that I stare and occasionally take pictures of those who intrigue me. Deneen helped me out on this one... she stood like I was photographing her so that I could do the paprazzi thing and not get busted!

One time I almost got majorly busted. When I photographed Neked Neighbor, the flash accidentally went off on my camera. I freaked out for a second until I could conclude that he had NOT, in fact, seen the flash. Oh man, if he would've seen it, lost his cool, forgotten he was neked and moved from behind the BBQ to lip me off and flip me the bird... well I don't even wanna go there!

The worst times for getting busted are in the summer when I'm used to wearing sunglasses that normally hide my eyes. Then I wear eyeglasses and accidentally STARE like I'm wearing shades... Woops! I have to constantly remind myself not to gawk.

The best people watching in Edmonton has to be Blues on Whyte. Oh wait, maybe it's New City Likwid Lounge. New City is where I spotted the male camel-toe sportin' dude (I guess it's called a "moose knuckle" when it comes in larger than life proportions such as that). Unfortunately, I have a knack for noticing train-wreck type shit and pointing it out to the people I'm with at the time. They don't really appreciate it! Sorry. It's a condition. I can't kick it! Or... err, won't? Posted by Picasa

No comments: