Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Relationship Quotes

These are just some thoughts of mine, personal/observational, right/wrong; these have all passed through my brain at some point or another...

How well people naturally cater to each others insecurities determines the success of a relationship. If you have to change or bend over backwards too much to accomodate the other person's fears, then you should probably just give up.

It’s a tightrope we walk on in our romantic relationships. On one hand, we want the person to feel good about themselves when they’re around you, so you compliment them, but at the same time you don't want them to start totally believing it because they'll think they can get someone better! Right? Then boy oh boy, it's time to bring them down a peg or two!


Do you think that who we’re with is some mix of what we 'think we want' and what we 'think we can get'?

I've heard it said that relationships are like a roller coaster ride. The problem is that I don't like roller coasters. Could be why I'm outta there when it gets too crazy. If I need to throw up in the garbage can and call the chiropractor afterwards, then I stayed on a rough one way too long!

Boy: Why are you being such a girl?
Girl: It's called PMSing. And yes, I AM being a girl because I AM one.

How much shit you put up with from a guy is directly proportional to how hot you think he is.


2 comments:

Al said...

"Hot" meaning what? Sexy? Your trading sex for "crap". Bad trade kid, better start trading "up". I'm certainly not suggesting one be mercenary about this, but there is lots of room between these two extremes.

michie said...

Hey! Did you notice I put a personal/observational and right/wrong disclaimer on there first! I don't put up with no shit!

Yeah.

But I have noticed that girls put up with a lot more from a dude she thinks is pretty adorable... and it's usually "something about him" that keeps here there cuz Lord knows the rest of us don't see it!!!