I was reading health news headlines the other day, and this one read:
To Dope or Not to Dope: That is the Ethical Question -- Part 1: An Expert Interview With Dick Pound
Um... am I the only one that finds this funny? I wonder how that guy spends most of his time! Haha. What doesn't make sense to me is that if my name was Richard, I would NOT take a nickkname like Dick, especially if my last name was Pound (or Devine, Shaft, Small or Hung). There are so many funny names out there... Mike Hunt, Drew Peacock, Crystal Chandelier, Rose Plant, Candy Cane, Rob Roberts (Stephen Stephenson, John Jonston, etc.) and of course any of the Asian names like Wang, Dong or Hung...
Speaking of funny names, I always got a kick outta Bart's phone calls to Moe's... read some of them here.
Jen and I were chatting about the Dick Pound thing and I brought up Jack Schidt. There's actually someone out there named that! Anyways, she didn't know jack about Jack Schitt, so I have to post a link for her enjoyment (and yours)... it's an oldy but I still get a chuckle out of it: Know your Schitt. Haha, I love Chicken Schitt.
Ok, back to work now... I can't be doing Jack Schitt all day today!!!!
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dear Al and Mitchie,
I visit your blog once in a while. I read your comments following my comments about the retching man.
Thank you Al, and thnak you Mitchie.
You are both fortunate to have each other.
Today is my father's birthday. He was born in 1930. He died when he was 58. Seven years older than I am today, a young man. Yesterday was my grandfather's birthday, he was born in 1900. He lived till his eighties, he had a full life.
My father died of leukemia, in the arms and in the home of the woman he loved. He did not tell my brother and I that he was dying. He left a letter explaining why.
He was a good man. He died well. Even in his final moments he left for us a lesson to learn, a standard to live by.
He was a great man my father. I am very proud to bear his name.
My brother and I are together, we eat fish and drink champagne every year at this time. We raise our glasses to and to your father and ask you to be thankful for the fact that you are together.
Okay, so I was going to comment about my old bizarre substitute teacher named Mr. Nutt whose wife was named Hazel, but after the previous comment, it appears to be neither the time or place. Never mind.
Post a Comment