First, when I was washing the beets I got from my parent's garden, I saw a wolf spider swimming in the water. I almost flipped! Had that spider been in my car and then my fridge the whole time?!? YIKES! It took all I had in me to get near enough to it to open the drain and make sure it went down. Then I plugged both sink drains and only opened them to let out large amounts of water at a time. Did I pour hot water or bleach down? Well no. Is that going to be a problem? Don't drains drain OUT of a building? Like, that's their purpose, right? It should take the spider out with it...
This weekend people were telling me that the spider probably just came up through another drain... I dreamt about the spider that night, I dreamt that he did just that and was in my house somewhere. Eeek! Now I don't know where the creepy little guy could be, but the drains are still blocked off and I don't know when I'll be able to open them again. I'm still expecting to run into him somewhere, uh, probably in my bed.
Then tonight I spotted yet ANOTHER spider on my ceiling!!! Crikey! It probably came from one of the other veggies. The potatoes? The Swiss Chard? I wasn't thrilled at the sight of the little bugger. I couldn't kill it though, I'm a wimp that way. I took a jar, caught it and sent it off my balcony.
That better be the last one!!! Maybe I should have killed him and left the carcass up there as a warning to others. I don't want to anger them though, in case Wolfy gave birth to a whole baseball team of crazy-ass spidey cubs.
I'm going to have bad dreams about cats getting webbed tonight. Thanks a lot for the arachnophobic suggestion by the way...

You can't see it too well but that's him. I know it's not Wolfy, cuz Wolfy was way bigger and thicker. Ewww.
I need to think about something else now because I'm getting all itchy...

3 comments:
spiders scare me. I think its their big hairy legs. no wait, thats me!
As a vegetarian in training, your parents probably thought you might be running low on protein. Don't be a wussss----a little honey---. It's not like a spider is a real ANIMAL.
Besides you're one of those "organic" folks, right? Did you want your folks to use INSECTICIDES?
Hopefully you wern't sitting on a chair when you saw the little guy. People have been known to throw themselves backward in panic and seriously injure themselves.Hahaha.
yeah yeah yeah.
still can't kill the little buggers.
and my sinks still have the drains blocked. maybe tomorrow I'll open it and take my chances...
Post a Comment