Friday, October 27, 2006

never drinking again...

This was the subject line of an email I got early this morning.

You see, last night we joined a friend for his birthday. Every year he celebrates it with a week-long smorgasbord of events that he calls "Festival". Last night was the Black Dog event. This morning at 8am was supposed to be breakfast at the High Level Diner (how did he think THAT was a good idea?) And as you could've probably predicted, the guest of honor didn't show up.

He said to me at the end of last night, " You're a bad influence. I can't say how, but you just are. "

What the? What did I do? I just obliged him. When he wanted another beer, I got him one. When he wanted to do a shooter, we went and did one. It was his birthday! Aren't you supposed to be nice to the birthday boy?

Oh I know what you may be thinking right now, don't even go there. He didn't ask for anything else after that... except to go home. Yes, believe it or not he was gonna bail!!! But Jen and I wouldn't let him off that easy. C'mon, we never see him THAT drunk! It was a festival in itself to see that... Instead, we made him play "I've never..." with us for a bit. You learn a lot about people with that game! Ahem. Of course he's forgotten everything that we had or hadn't ever done. At least, we're counting on that.

So this was the 'never drinking again ' email this morning:

No coffee, no breakfast, no nothing this morning. Just a loud head.
I had lots of fun- just sorry my homing beacon kicked in. Tired Keith was starting to show up and he's not nearly as much fun as Slightly Drunk Keith.
Of course, Sober Keith hates both those guys at the moment.



Too funny. Oops, that is, the email was funny Keith, not your pain. Noooot funny.


5 comments:

Jensies said...

Hahaha ... his pain is kinda funny

especially multiple 3rd-person personalities


ahh that was fun ... always get some good blackmail material from that "I've Never" game ... just when you think you know people

michie said...

Haha. Yeah true.

I've never seen him like that, he's normally so "reserved" (as he describes it). It was nice to see him a little more relaxed for a change!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Cool posts and a cooler life! LOVE the glasses...Love them!

michie said...

Thanks Jack!

Um... the glasses? Not so much. What is it about boys and glasses?

Anonymous said...

Still... LOVE the glasses... I guess it's a weird, school boy meets teacher/smart/beautiful/untouchable women thing... hell, throw mysterious in there also! Still - sexy to say the least!