A self-professed "Nerdologist" I know proclaims that this video:
OK Go - "Here It Goes Again" ... is the COOLEST video EVER made.
First of all, I'm not sure you wanna take the word of a Doctor of Nerdology on what is "cool." Secondly, I thought it was neat, but I'm not sure it deserves the level of hoopla he gave it. I mean, the coolest video EVER MADE? Was he embellishing just a bit to make a good story out of it? Perhaps my poker face egged him on.
So I checked it out... It wasn't bad but was it really the best? His response? Pure unadulterated protesting RANT.
I told him that I'd take a poll on my blog to settle this. He suddenly backtracked. Ha! Thought so. Funny how he quickly adjusted it to "the coolest physical video ever made." Then he yammered on for an indefinite but lengthy period of time about the interpretive dance (huh?) and difficulty of the choreography.
Tell me people, is it the coolest video ever made?
If not, then I'd like to know what is actually...
P.S. Here's a shamelss plug by Ok Go to get you to buy their slag: Buy OK Go - Oh No at iTunes.
P.P.S. I don't usually do shoutouts for people's birthdays... but as a favour to Birdhead: Happy Birthday Meathead!!! Hope you get to stuff your head of meat with lotsa cake! Oh, and I hope you're feeling better soon Birdhead... no sharting your bed this time, hahahaha! (Uh, if I'm going to get beat up for this one, let me know and I'll take it down ASAP. I will. Although at least if someone rearranged my face today, it would be an improvement. I don't know who keeps sneaking into my room and speedbagging me in the face at night. Eww, that almost sounded rude. Oh well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's necessarily the "coolest" video ever - but it is pretty sweet! It's amazing what they can do with those treadmills. I'm tempted to try but then I recall how uncoordinated I am ... *sigh* it would only lead to pain.
Hmmm its not a bad video, very creative I must say... but I can't say its the "coolest" video ever
That video is cool, no doubt about it.
I think the coolest video ever is Thriller by Michael Jackson. It would take a lot to top that one.
It's cool, sure - but gets less cool the more times you watch it.
Definately not the coolest ever.
Try this one on for size!
http://www.ntv.co.jp/channel/kasoh/kin10.html
Yeah it's pretty cool. Definitely takes some talent and coordination... as someone who has tripped on a treadmill several times they gete my vote!
the video not so cool but the song was cool
I thought the vid was pretty cool, however, it is certainly not the coolest video ever and here is why. So I was watching the video in the living room with the TV on when all of a sudden my eyes were drawn away from said video to a commercial on TV. Yes, you heard me right, a comercial. The coolest video ever would never loose my attention to anything, let alone a commercial. Perhaps the video needs a hot sweaty girl dancing too? Just a thought.
Cool for the first 30 seconds and then gets repetative and boring. The coolest video ever is of an eleven year old very shy girl and her ten year old brother singing into pretend mikes, pretending to be rock stars. I'll have to think of some way that I could post that. It was a knock out. Hahaha.
Yes it was interesting but then 5 seconds later I was crunching financial figures on the calculator and reading over some paper work - sorry I just couldn't stay focused on the video. My vote for coolest video is TOOL - the animation is freaky!
Parabola? Hmmm... not bad. Kind of long.
I still think dancing and other stuff is cool though. So I guess it depends what your definition of 'cool' is...
And in Dad's case, it's pretty LAME!!!! And that's no music video, it's complete humiliation!!! Luckily, your unfamiliarity with that type of technology should guarantee that it will never EVER show up on the internet. Ugh. I should blog one day about the emotional scars left by that incident!
As far are cool videos go, I haven't watched many videos lately, but there's a couple worth mentioning...
The NIN one for Only is kind of cool:
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/interscope/nin/with_teeth/video/only/00_only-dirty.asx
This link I got in email is kind of neat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
But I still like the Wolfmother one from a previous post...
http://squiishie.blogspot.com/2006/09/jackasses-are-funny-sometimes.html
One more comment... Those guys from OK GO are so weird.. Here's another video of theirs:
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/capi001/okgo/amillionways/video/amillionways_v300.asx
What would be awesome is to have 4 people dress up as them for Halloween and then ace some of those dance moves. That would be SO FUN.
So technologically I'm impaired, am I. How about if I were to play the video on my T.V. and use my digital camera to video the T.V. version. Then I could download the camera version onto the computer and attach it to your blog under "comments". Now be nice to me----you know how I like a challenge, and I do think it would win the "supercool video" award. Hahaha!!!
Hahaha
I like your dad because he is both hilarious and diabolical ... can't go wrong
don't worry about stupid childhood moments ... my parents have a video goldmine of me
I still say it will NEVER end up on the internet... How are you going to get it from the computer to my site? AH HA!!! It's not so easy to post videos!
I know you like a challenge, but when it comes to computers, methinks you'll give up long before anything comes to fruition. Hehehe.
I'm safe, for now.
Besides, I'm going to find that video, sledgehammer it to bits, douce it with gas and torch it one of these days!
If all else fails (puting it on my blog), I'll E-mail it to Kate at SDA and see if her group can top it! Hahaha.
Post a Comment