Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween costume confusion continues...

So I'm having trouble figuring out a costume still!!!

...Here are some past costumes and ideas to chew on.



Princess Leah... Don't really feel like being her this year. Have the outfit, but would feel cliche. Besides, that was a bad year. I fell backwards on the dance floor (later found out Lee had stepped on my foot)... uh, and did some other stuff I don't feel like talking about right now.



Here's me and Rose with our dates. I was Medusa 2 nights in a row. After sleeping in my costume the first night, it was a little uncomfortable the 2nd. I woke up after my boyfriend's class party, had Subway with a rotten tomato in it (almost got ill and didn't eat Subway for 2 years afterwards) and then headed to the pub crawl with Rose and Nancy and company. It was a good time, but got a bit weird when my boyfriend started making out with a Chucky doll (a DOLL, not a person dressed as one! Which doesn't make it much less creepy). And Rose and I got on the wrong bus for a bit. Oops.



This was Medusa from many years ago! I wish I still had the outfit. It was something from the '70s that my mom actually used to wear! (We used to love dipping into Mom's old clothes for costumes. Princess Leah was an old outfit of Mom's. And yes, it had a CAPE. Capes MAKE costumes.)

So Jen and I can't decide what to be. I have some props for sure. Here, Jen models my fun fur and afro. Pretty classic.



Nancy bought this hat in New York this year and is trying to figure out what to wear with it. She said maybe a cape and go as a Medieval man of some sort. I said she should definitely have the cape, of course, and then she should be a Medieval flasher!!!!



See... she could wear something like this guy is under the cape! Not sure if she liked that idea.

2 comments:

deejinator said...

You could always take the black costume from the second picture and go as Elvira.

michie said...

Hey, you're right Deej!

I think Jen and I are gonna end up doing something together. Sonny and Cher (her as Sonny, hehe) perhaps.

Stay tuned for pictures next week! Maybe.