Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cheers to the cultural learnings of Sacha!

Have you seen Borat yet? It is truly a laugh-all-the-way-through-it movie. Sacha Baron Cohen won a Golden Globe last night for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy. I'm not quite sure how musicals and comedies get lumped into the same category, but whatever. Mr. Cohen's acceptance speech had to be one of the funniest I've ever heard. In his speech he referred to the crazy naked wrestling match he had with his fat co-star in Borat. This is a part in the movie that had me covering my eyes and muttering 'oh my God!' over and over again.



For most of you who undoubtedly missed it, here is part of Sacha's Golden Globe award acceptance speech:

… And I just wanna say, this movie was a life-changing experience. I saw some amazing, beautiful invigorating parts of America, but I saw some dark parts of America, an ugly side of America, a side of America that rarely sees the light of day. I refer of course, to the anus and testicles of my costar Ken Davitian…

Ken as I… When I was in that scene and I stared down and saw your two wrinkled Golden Globes on my chin, I thought to myself, I’d better win a bloody award for this.


And then when my 300 pound co-star decided to sit on my face, and squeezed the oxygen from my lungs, I was faced with a choice: death, or to breathe in the air… from… breathe in the air that had been trapped in a small pocket between his buttocks for 30 years. Kenneth, if it was not for that rancid bubble, I would not be here today.


And finally, at the end he added, "Thank you to every American who has not sued me so far."

Too funny.

See video here.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I love that guy. I wish I could get des wearing one of dem dere bathing suits that Borat wears. MMMMM sexy.