Tuesday, January 09, 2007

You go girl! But please shut the door behind you...

This morning on Sonic, Garner Andrews was talking about things that happen on TV or in movies that drive us nuts. I must say, the number one thing for me is that people never close doors behind them when they walk into a room... This is particularly true in sitcoms, especially older sitcoms. Why do they never shut the door!?!

That fake pizza bugs me too. It's often at the end of the show, usually featuring a group of 20-somethings. They're always laughing and talking the whole time in a feel-good kind of way, passing the pizza around... And then someone finally takes a bite of the shit (it's literally cardboard slathered with tomato sauce! And they keep laughing and talking, acting like it's NOT cardboard... now that's great acting)! I'm sure that the cameras have to cut away ASAP because the person has to go upchuck the stuff.

One girl called in to the radio about how whenever women are in bed on TV, they're always wearing nice lingerie and have their hair done up with full make-up on. I've totally noticed that! Can't they make it somewhat realistic??? At least tone it down a bit, add a zit or a purple circle or two under the eyes. On the opposite end of the spectrum -- I noticed on sitcoms that feature older ladies/wives -- they're always in bed wearing long sleeve shirts and PJ bottoms. I guess at some point they shed the lingerie in favour of a complete head-to-toe cover-up? Are aging peoples' bodies that unworthy of exposure? Weird. Even the men wear full-on PJs. C'mon, lots of men sleep naked! A little gratuitous skin for the sake of a little realism is in order here!!!

Oops, there I go again slipping into the nudity rant. Sorry.

Speaking of older ladies... I saw the movie Snowcake on the weekend. Carrie-Anne Moss was stunningly beautiful, wearing very little make-up and fully clothed throughout the movie. And she turns 40 this year! You go girl! I guess you don't have to be a scantilly clad young thang to be very sexy.

No comments: